Monday 3 November 2014

Little Conversations by Sibylla Matilde SPOILER FREE REVIEW!!!!

Little Conversations by Sibylla Matilde






*** Mature Content, Sexual Content, Alcohol Abuse, Emotional Abuse, Strong Language ***

Eighteen-year-old Devin McKay is a complete and total emotional wreck. Fresh out of high school and on her own for the first time in her life, she’s reeling from rejection of a relationship gone very, very bad. Emotionally battered and tormented by the pull of her narcissistic first love, she wants to make a clean break in a small mountain town where he is everywhere—with his new girlfriend.

Ronin Andrews is still battling his own cataclysmic ghosts. He recoils from anything heartfelt, choosing instead to work hard and live wild. Outside of his job, parties and causal hooks-ups are his life until Devin walks in. With her short skirt and her sad green eyes, he can’t help but want her… badly. His protective streak wants to provide her with a haven, to shelter and sustain her.

Through a flash of torrid intensity, they struggle to be friends… just friends. She relies on him to nourish her shattered soul and shield her heart from the clawing, gnawing loss that has consumed her. Before long, the attraction proves too tenacious, and the passion between them becomes undeniable.

But will the shadows of the past prove too much to overcome?


 My Review

5*
Let me start by saying if you are anything like me then you WILL get addicted to this book and these characters, it is a truly gripping read that I could not put down! All the characters are so well developed and realistic it's crazy. It's got everything, from the character you love to love, to the one you will love to hate! Devin did annoy me at times but I can totally get why she is the way she is about Jake, it is a natural response unfortunately and if she got over him and the issues he created for her at a lightning speed then it wouldn't have been realistic so it was the lesser of two evils in my opinion. Ronin is simply perfection, I love him, yes he has some moments where he is a typical male but on the whole he is pretty perfect. Jake, well I'm going to be frank, I hate him, he is my love to hate character and that won't change. The secondary characters are amazing too! I generally prefer characters you can relate to and see certain characteristics in the people around you so these were HUGE bonuses for me with this book. I loved how this story developed, it wasn't too quick or too slow, it was in sync with the character development and to me that is a huge thing, I prefer it when characters act in a believable and realistic way. I was so caught up in this story it was unreal, I was literally screaming at my kindle at parts where I was so engrossed in it, bear in mind the warnings that come with this book though as it might not be everyone's cup of tea. This is a seriously amazing book Sibylla, thank you for sharing it with the world!





Here is where you can find Sibylla on the web!


Click here to listen to the playlist on Spotify

Book Trailer


Buy Links


No comments:

Post a Comment