Thursday 23 October 2014

Sex in the Title by Zack Love SPOILER FREE REVIEW

Sex in the Title by Zack Love Review





New York City, May 2000. The Internet bubble has burst and Evan, a computer programmer, is fired with an email from his boss. The next day, his girlfriend dumps him, also via email. Afraid to check any more emails, Evan desperately seeks a rebound romance but the catastrophes that ensue go from bad to hilariously worse. 

Fortunately, Evan meets Sammy -- someone whose legendary disasters with females eclipse even his own. To reverse their fortunes, they recruit their friends -- Trevor, Yi, and Carlos -- to form a group of five guys who take on Manhattan in pursuit of dates, sex, and adventure. 

When Evan, a closet writer, falls desperately in love with a Hollywood starlet, he schemes to meet her by writing a novel that will sweep her off her feet. Sammy knows nothing about publishing but is confident of one thing: Evan's book should have the word "sex" in the title. 

With musings about life, relationships, and human psychology, this quintessential New York story about the search for happiness follows five men on their comical paths to trouble, self-discovery, and love.


My Review

5*
I can honestly say that I haven't read ANYTHING this funny in a long time if ever!! Zack Love is a genius its that simple! He has 5 well developed main characters that I think everyone will be able to relate to in some way shape or form, you will have a favourite in no time! I loved the story, I prefer a busy plot as I find it keeps me more engaged and this crazy chaotic book kept me not only engaged but riveted! Its laugh out loud funny and even though some people may find it offensive or crass, I think as long as you have a sense of humour then this will have you laughing for days! It is a true piece of comedic genius! I am very tempted to give copies of it to all the uptight people in my life for Christmas!! Its one of those books that just makes you go 'OMG that would make an EPIC movie!!' Its like a horny male version of Love Actually but on steroids! ;) And if you are anything like me then you will be looking around your group of friends wondering which one will end up with or has had that specific injury ;) I soooooo want more from these 5 friends!! I will be recommending this to anyone I come across who has even a slight sense of humour! Mr. Love be prepared because I want a sequel!! :D


Here are a few places where you can find Zack on the web :)

Book Trailers!!

'I'm too sexy' trailer-http://tinyurl.com/SITTtrailer
Mobile friendly-http://tinyurl.com/SITTtrailer4Mobile
'Staying Alive' trailer-http://tinyurl.com/SITTBookTrailer

Buy Links

No comments:

Post a Comment